Tasty and Healthy Vietnamese Grilled Beef Salad
Beef Cut – Beef Sirloin or Beef Rump steaks
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time – 10 minutes
Bring a touch of South East Asia to your meal time with this light and flavourful salad. This recipe will serve 4.
- 4 x 200g Sirloin Steaks, Trimmed of Fat
- 2 Carrots, Sliced into Ribbons Using a Peeler
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 125g Vermicelli Noodles
- ¼ Wombok (Chinese Cabbage), Finely Shredded
- 1 Cucumber, Sliced into Ribbons Using a Peeler
- 150g Snow Peas, Sliced Diagonally
- ½ cup Mint Leaves
- ¼ cup Peanuts (Plain, Unsalted), Chopped, To Serve
- 1 Small Red Chilli, Finely Chopped
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, Crushed
- 1 tsp Finely Grated Ginger
1. Brush steaks with oil and season with pepper. Place a chargrill pan over high heat and cook steak for 3 minutes each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Rest.
2. Peel carrot into ribbons with a vegetable peeler and toss with the rice vinegar. Leave to pickle for 10 minutes.
3. Cover vermicelli in boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender, drain and rinse with cold water, drain again. Combine the dressing ingredients.
4. Combine cabbage, carrot plus pickling liquid, vermicelli, cucumber, snow peas and mint leaves and toss with dressing. Top salad with sliced beef and peanuts.