A quick and tasty dish with classic Asian flavour
CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH LEMON, GINGER AND HONEY
Prep time: 3hrs
Cook time: 40 mins
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 cup (175g) honey
- Juice of 3 lemons, plus lemon zest to serve
- 1 cup (250ml) light soy sauce
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) soy sauce
- 4 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Combine the chilli, onion, garlic, ginger, honey, lemon juice and soy in a bowl. Thread chicken onto small metal skewers or soaked wooden skewers, about 4 pieces per skewer. Place in a glass or ceramic dish and pour over marinade. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 150°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan over medium-high heat. In batches, cook skewers for 6-8 minutes, turning, until cooked through. Place on the trays and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining skewers.
For the dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
Sprinkle the skewers with sesame seeds and lemon zest and serve warm with the dipping sauce.
Find other great recipes like this at Delicious