Barbecued marinated lamb with smashed potatoes
- Prep: 6hr (refrigerated overnight)
- Cook: 1hr 10min
- Serves: 6
800g boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
300g green beans, trimmed
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
2 1/4 cups romesco sauce (see notes)
Chargrilled lemon halves, to serve
750g chat potatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place lamb in a large snap-lock bag. Add garlic, paprika, thyme, 1/2 of the lemon juice and 1/2 of the oil. Seal bag. Rub well to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Make Smashed Potatoes: Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow excess moisture to evaporate. Place on a baking tray. Press potatoes with a fork to flatten slightly. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, remove lamb from fridge. Stand lamb, in the bag, at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or char-grill pan on medium-high heat. Remove lamb from bag. Season with salt and pepper. Place lamb, fat-side down, on grill. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn lamb over. Cook for a further 10 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a serving plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 10 minutes to rest.
- Cook beans in a large saucepan of boiling water until bright green and tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with red onion. Whisk remaining lemon juice and oil. Drizzle over beans and onion.
- Sprinkle extra thyme sprigs over lamb and Smashed Potatoes. Serve with beans, Magic Romesco Sauce and char-grilled lemon halves.
You can find more recipes like this at www.taste.com.au